2) Chronic disease management and disease prevention. Modern medicine is exceptional at treating health problems that need immediate attention. Acupuncture is especially effective for prevention of illness and management of chronic diseases. Even before disease appears as physical symptoms, the body’s energy (Qi) changes first. The pulse becomes unbalanced, so if the pulse is normalized through the manipulation of Qi, the body will recover on its own.
3) Acute conditions. If used properly, acupuncture can also be helpful for acute conditions. For example, many acute pains have been cured in my clinic after just one treatment session. For some heart failures, just pressing a single acupuncture point (PC6, Nei Guan) on the wrist can gain precious time on the way to the hospital.
4) Pain Alleviation. A lot of people are used to having minor or chronic pains, and just managing the symptoms. Acupuncture balances our body’s energy systems by redirecting our body’s Qi to the sources of pain — areas that might be blocked or deficient. Therefore, the pain should not come back unless the body becomes re-injured. Arthritis, neck pain, back pain, migraines, menstrual pain, shoulder pain, hip pain, neck pain, etc. are all areas where acupuncture can greatly help.
4) Stress Reduction. Although a little bit of stress can be good, too much stress (as most working people experience) is not. These high levels of stress make it very difficult to relax and compromise our immune system (Wei Qi). Long term stress can lead to even more serious problems in our body. Regular acupuncture treatments can reduce stress significantly and help the body to relax.
5) Faster recovery from injury, illness, and surgery. Acupuncture increases Qi and blood flow while reducing inflammation and scarring. More importantly, acupuncture helps the body to heal faster. Many Olympic athletics and sport stars have used acupuncture as a part of their recovery process through periods of intensive training.
6) Emotional Balance. Depression, anxiety, frustration, and stress have been successfully treated by acupuncture to create inner peace at my clinic.
7) Improved Respiratory Health. Common breathing issues such as allergies, asthma, and sinus infections can be effectively treated using my acupuncture.
8) Sound sleep. Insomnia and other sleep aliments are also very commonly addressed by acupuncture. Sleep disturbances can be caused by stress, injury, pain, and emotional imbalance. Patients can get a good night sleep by resolving these issues using my acute acupuncture.
9) Strengthen your Immune System. Balancing the body’s natural energy systems (Qi) while reducing factors that break down our immune system (such as stress and illness) creates an overall healthier body.
10) Strengthen a particular organ. For example, according to Chinese medicine’s organ-meridian theory, most causes of obesity are due to poor spleen and stomach function. Therefore, acupuncture points on the spleen and stomach meridians can be chosen to strengthen these two organs to achieve weight loss. Another example is kidney weakness causing a loss of urinary control in adults. In this case, tonification of kidney Yang energy is an effective treatment.